What an August. It’s in the 90’s, it’s raining and our gardens are loving it. Who has got lost in Li’s maze??
My “cottage garden” of thoughts for this time of the year.
- It is time to begin to plan your fall garden. Cool season veggies do great as the weather cools. Broccoli, Cabbage Kale Lettuce, Peas. It’s time to retire those tomato plants.
- As you clean out your beds, please put old plants that you are pulling out, on the south end of the garden, not in the dumpster. We are trying to cut down on our green waste going to the landfill.
- Someone left a bunch of Aloe plants on our doorstep. Please feel free to take any. They are near the walk in gate.
- We received 5 Kumquat trees from the Bellagio. They are in pots near the orchard and they are already blooming. We will plant them this fall as the weather cools.
- Great link about squash and cucumbers: https://www.gardenmyths.com/
- Visit the Garden
- Congrats to Forrest Pope as the Garden of the Season. I will be watching his sweet corn. Fantastic!
- I am going to try and send a note each month. Please email or accost me at the garden, if you ever have any questions.